We’re already thinking about Valentine’s Day over here at Lund. We’re ready to feel the love. Here we present 10 reasons to Love Lund:
- Lund has been helping Vermont’s families, supporting pregnant women, caring for babies, finding forever families for teenagers, providing a safe haven, and so much more for 127 years!
- Lund is a statewide organization. The two buildings that we own, and one that we rent, are located in Chittenden County (Burlington and South Burlington) but our programs reach every corner of the state.
- Last year Lund reached over 5,300 people. And the year before that – over 4,800!
- Babies! Babies live with their moms at our residential treatment facility for substance use disorder and mental health challenges, babies come to school with their moms at New Horizons, babies come to outpatient treatment sessions with their moms, babies are loved at Lund. Our former Director of Residential and Community Treatment Services, Kim Coe, always used to say that every baby at Lund was cute. It’s true!
- The amazing staff who come to work every day, and sometimes every night, ready to do everything that needs to be done in order to support families.
- Our wonderful Board of Trustees who work hard every day for Lund listening, advising, learning, advocating, giving ideas, and ensuring that Lund is the very best it can be.
- Volunteers! Over 200 marvelous people spend hundreds of hours every year doing a variety of things from building to cooking to babysitting to teaching knitting and so much more. We couldn’t do it without you.
- Our staff members who belong to advisory boards, councils, working groups, coalitions and professional organizations to provide a family centered, trauma informed perspective and advocate for our families on a broader level.
- Inspirational, life changing work happens every single day at Lund.
- You! We wouldn’t be able to do the work that we do without you – our friends, supporters, and champions. Thank you!
If you love Lund as well, stay tuned for how you can show this love for Valentine’s Day!