The Department of Children and Families has published its annual ‘Outcomes for Vermonters’ report listing data and updates from the six divisions of DCF. Lund is proud to work with DCF through many different partnerships and collaborations and our agency priorities align with theirs which are listed below:
- Reducing poverty and homelessness
- Eliminating hunger
- Improving the safety and wellbeing of children, youth and families
- Keeping children safe from abuse
- Providing timely and accurate financial supports for individuals and families
- Supporting Vermont’s most vulnerable citizens including older Vermonters, people with disabilities and families with children.
The report lists many highlights showing that Vermont’s children have greater access to high quality early childhood education, the department is ranking high in national listings for paperwork accuracy and efficiency of decisions making, and there have been positive changes to the way information concerning children’s welfare is shared. It is clear, however, that the effect of opiate addiction across the state is still creating challenges for many families in Vermont. Lund will continue to work hard, in partnership with DCF, to help families affected by addiction and make sure that every child grows up healthy, stable and loved.
You can read the report here