We’ll help you promote it!
Thank you for your interest in raising money for Lund! Creating your own fundraiser is a great way to involve your friends, family, and colleagues in raising money to support our organization.
Whether you plan to hold a bake sale, school event, auction, or any type of fundraising event for us, know that we appreciate your support. We literally couldn’t continue our work without people like you!
In order to prevent any misunderstandings, we would like to clarify our guidelines and expectations. Listed below are some general guidelines that will be helpful when planning an event.
What Lund Can Do
- Provide information about our organization and programs
- Help promote the event on our website, E-News, and social media channels
- Provide our logo for you to use for advertising
- Suggest ways to help you market your event
- Provide a solicitation letter template (including a link for on-line donations) that you can customize and use for seeking contributions by mail or e-mail
- Accept credit card donations
- Send acknowledgment letters to donors (you have to give us their contact information)
- When possible, help you create a fundraising webpage connected to Lund for the event so that attendees can donate and/or register online
- If scheduling permits provide a representative to talk about our organization, accept a check, etc.
What Lund Cannot Do
- Invest money or financially contribute in any way
- Provide staff to organize or implement your event
- Market the event beyond what is specified above
- Endorse any products or services
- A signed Application Form is required before you can advertise the event as a fundraiser for Lund or use our logo
- If you’re a business donating “proceeds of sales” to Lund, you must specify the dates (e.g., all sales during November), and the amount of the donation (e.g., 5% of all purchases)
- We are required to report this information to the State of Vermont
- The donation should be given to Lund within 30 days of the event. Please deduct any costs incurred prior to delivering the proceeds to us.
Please contact our office at 864-7467 ext. 2009 for information and assistance. We’d love to talk with you!